These spine chilling real life paranormal stories keep getting better and better. Here are some more stories that the Idiot Fam shared with us and again, that sure have scared us to sleep alone tonight.
- I was in middle year of my graduation and went back home after my mid sem exams just a week ago i came back we all had to go to attend a wedding party so my Papa,maa,sis everyone went except me and my cousin, we were not interested, so we have planned to watch the whole parts of Harry Potter. We made the whole room dark with curtains to feel like theatre..haha and started. As we were watching in between my cousin had a call and she went out from room talking on phone and I continued watching, and after few minutes she camed back and said and told me to watch some other old movie in a serious way her voice wasn’t usual as she had a soft shrill tone I was frightened a bit but I was convinced she’s joking and I asked her to bring a water bottle from refrigerator and she went to bring water it was unusual too coz she’s so lazy she never listens but this time she went in a word. As she went out few seconds later she walked in empty handed and i asked haven’t you brought water bottle? She said are you dreaming I was on call I just camed in how do I know you’re thirsty?I said: I just told you to bring water stop being funny it’s not.as I was seriously afraid. She said Bhai why would I do that.I went to fetch some water for me and saw that refrigerator was open. Next day I told the whole story to papa maa, my elder sister agreed few similar things have happened before with her so we had a Pooja at our house for peace and idk till now what was that.. I remember a girl attempted suicide in my neighbor due to exam pressure.it still gives me goosebumps!!
- This incident took place just a year ago. I was an intern in a Delhi based start up. I decided to stay at my friend’s flat rather than to live on rent (baniya behaviour). My friend stays at a 15-storey flat in Gurgaon. He gave me a key of flat because I used to come back late in night. It was nothing but one usual day. I came back from office and the time was around 2am. I was really exhausted and just wanted to sleep (intern life). There is a glass door to enter in lift area of the apartment. I saw a little girl (merely 5-6 years old) near the glass door. She was struggling to open it as the handle was high for her. As my friend flat was at 9th floor, I helped her and she came with me in the lift. As the lift started going up, I looked at her. She was really beautiful and innocent. I asked her, “aap itni raat ko akele neeche kya kar rhe rhe?’ She smiled innocently but didn’t gave any answer. I smiled back and soon, my floor arrived. I got out and she wished me “Good night, bhalya!” As soon as I turned my head to wish her back, I found no one was there. After that, I did my biggest mistake which haunts me till now. I checked back inside the lift to find the girl and there was no one. Checking back at lift was my biggest mistake. When I was horrified by now. When I turned back after checking the lift, I found myself on 15th (top) floor of the building lift. No, I don’t drink alcohol and never did drugs. I was in all my senses till now. I clearly remember that I got off on 9th floor. My friend is a fan of Marvel and he had placed stickers of Avengers all over the front door of his flat. His room his near the lift and is clearly visible from the lift gate. I’m sure I saw his room when I first got off from started panting heavily to breath. I ran back from the stairs to reach on 9th floor opened the gate. My friend was asleep. I ran towards my room, tucked myself tightly in blanket and cried. I wasn’t able to sleep the whole night. Next day, I narrated the incident to my friend and found that a 5 year old girl accidently killed herself while she was playing in balcony previous month. She lived with her family on 15th floor. After this incident, her parents left the apartment and shifted to Noida. This was my first paranormal experience and it was horrifying. But luckily, I wasn’t harmed and didn’t suffered with any fever.
- When I was younger, I had an imaginary friend who lived in this massive antique dresser. We’d chill out and I vividly remember him telling me stories, although I have absolutely no recollection of what they actually were. I remember one day talking to my parents about it (Dad traveled quite a bit so he wasn’t up to date with what I was into) and when I started telling him about my dresser buddy, he wanted to know his name. It was something innocent but I can still see him going white in the face. I drew it out for him and the very next day him and my uncle took out that dresser and burned it. It wasn’t until a few years later when I found out my Dad’s little brother (my uncle) also had the same friend with the same name who lived in the same antique dresser. After a few months of the typical imaginary friend shit, my uncle started having night terrors and couldn’t sleep because of the imaginary friend. It got so bad that they had to move him out of his room before he managed to get back to normal.
- We were on a family trip to Corbett. One late night we were returning to our resort in the jungle area by car. My mother has this strange habit of asking cab drivers about their paranormal experiences, and so she did. And by god this one was really scary. He started narrating and the five of us huddled close. Once He was returning to his village at midnight after finishing a late night shift. The road was surrounded by dense and foggy jungles. There were only a few cars on the road. He saw two women standing by the side of the road waving for a lift. He hesitated at first but noticed that they belonged to his village. So he agreed to give them a ride. They plopped on his backseat and he drove fast through the pitch darkness of the night after a few minutes of non stop travel he checked the rear view mirror of his car. surprisingly the women could not be seen anywhere and his backseat was visible empty. He turned around and Horrifyingly found both the women sitting there and casually chitchatting. He was sure that he was surrounded by some unwanted spirits or ghosts which common in their village and district. He did not show any signs of horror and did not stop the car abruptly. They would attack if he took action immediately.He secretly checked the mirror several times but it did not show their reflection but on turning he would see both of them seated in their positions and talking. He was completely horrified and his heart sank. There was no dhaba, or settlement around, just pitch darkness and tree shadows. He started chanting the hanuman chalisa and prayers. Suddenly thick white smoke filled the car and blurred his vision. He forcibly continues chanting the mantras with all his strength despite some energy stopping him. The smoke increased and spread everywhere. He shut his eyes, covered his head, knelt down and prayed to hanuman ji’s murti.after a few minutes he recovered from the shock and saw that both the women had disappeared and could be seen nowhere up to a long distance. He was so scared that he opened the car lock, jumped out of the door and quickly ran through the fields. I could see the horrified look on his face and can never forget it. His story gives me chills till date. And guess what, were on the same road, at the same time and in the same vehicle.
- So this took place when I was 14 I was very close to my achachan(Nana) so as my mom and we were staying in Mumbai so as soon as we got the news that Nana is not well we new off to Kerala.because he said he wanted to meet us. And on 19 the February at 12:03 am he breathe his last and luckily my mom was there with him he died holding her hand and literally me and my sister didn’t knew about this as we kids were at my papa’s house that day morning I still remember at 7 am I got a call from Nana that ponnu look u dont cry baby Nana is going for a tour and u should take care of mummy and Nana loves u lot and take care of our jimmy (dog) too. I was so happy that Nana is well again. So some time later my dad came and sald chalo let’s go to Nana.so we happily went with him and there I saw the worst thing of my life that my Nana is dead. I am an asthmatic patient when I saw this i was devastated I felt breathless and went to him kissed his body and went to his room and locked myself and started reading his novels (my cousins still have goosebumps when they say abt it. I literally did like Nana they said for the next four days I was not in my control. And even I said a secret to nani that only they both knew.lt struck me hard when I took my dog for a walk and lil far from my home there is a house where an lonely old lady lives she didn’t know about my Nana’s death,she sitting in the angan of her house asked me where are u Nana nathi going today? So I was puzzled and asked where is Nana? she said look holding Jimmy’s belt and literally I saw the belt which was in my hand was no more in my hand and I saw belt in air.. since after whenever I go to Nana s house I feel a vibe that I get something in me and start acting like Nana.the way he sits the way he has tea and all.every year we have a pooja on his barsi and once I was also present there the priest told me and ur Nana loves u so much that he is still in you and u need to give him mukti and only u can give it.
- My dad was on a reunion planned with his friends. During their dinner, one of his friend came up with the idea of everyone sharing their paranormal stories. Of all the stories dad narrated me when he got home, this is the best one of them all. This is a mid 90’s story where cellphones weren’t quite in use and most families lived in chawls. My dad’s friend (R) who narrated the story, over dinner, was one of the brothers of one such family. The eldest of them all(S), who studied well and now worked in sales had frequent air travels. They had their designated rickshaw driver who lived w them in the same chawl and would carry S back and forth to the airport. It was 5th of that month and Shad to travel to the airport. On their way to the airport he told the rickshaw driver to pick him up on the 11th (the day when he would return). As usual Awaited for the rickshaw driver at the airport, he came and helped him load his luggage. They chatted on their way back home. When they reached the driver helped him unload and as he was searching for his wallet to pay him, the autodriver turned his auto around and sped fast away. S was confused as to what was so important that he had to leave without taking his fare. He carried his luggage home and talked about this incident to his wife. His wife did not pay much heed as it was late in the night and he was back after a long flight. Next morning when he got up he narrated the same to his the crashed brother(R). R was shocked to hear this and said that it was impossible that the auto driver would have come to collect him in the first place. R then showed rickshaw lying on the footpath in front of their chawl. R said the rickshaw driver had met with an accident on 9th of that very month. S could not believe his eyes and ears. He had high fever for an entire week. (Probably, the soul rested in peace after having completed his task.)
- I was in 2nd std back then and my father had a transferrable job. So once I came to know that my father is getting a promotion and we had to shift to Varanasi. I was so excited as a kid because my mother showed me the pictures of the city-the Ganga Aarti Food etc. We packed our things and it was supposed to reach to our new home a day before your belongings reach through movers and packers. We reached our new rented home which we got at a really low price. We were kind of in a hurry to get a house because my father had to start working v soon. The day we reached, we found the house very neat and tidy that made us happy. But some very strange incident happened that night. I was sleeping next to my father in one room and my mother with my sister(a year old) in another room. At night I heard my sister crying and my sleep was disturbed. I shouted mumma twice or thrice and woke my father up but he didn’t. As I was getting up from my bed I felt someone caressing my forehead and I thought it’s my mother. She was also singing something which I couldn’t understand. This went on two weeks and one day casually I told my mother that you always come to caress me at night but my mother denied. My parents took me casually because I was a kid. Sometimes I’d see her pressing my father’s neck and I used to shout. I had a lot of dreams about someone being burried in a kabristan and such wierd dreams. After 3 weeks police came to our house and asked for the owner. That day we came to know that the owner had killed his wife in the very same house and probably thrown her somewhere. We vacated the house the very same day.
- My paranormal experience I was 7 years old and my mother was pregnant with my brother. We used to live in Power Grid colony that time as my dad worked there. The quarter next to ours was a little spooky from the start. We had heard that one lady had committed suicide there. Her husband an employee) lived there alone. At night after 12, every day we heard the sound of someone drilling or digging the ground with a shovel. One day my mother at morning went out of the house and saw a lemon with lots of pin poked in It and a used diya just in front of our main gate. That had scared her so much that she refused to talk to anyone. A day or two later, my mother was asleep at afternoon. I was at school Dad came home for lunch and rang the bell but my mom didn’t open the door After standing there for about 10 minutes he called her multiple time but then too she didn’t wake up. He knocked and screamed from the bedroom window, but received no response from my mother. We had to break the door and go inside. We woke her up and asked her what had happened. She said she felt like someone had trapped her and she couldn’t hear anything. There were some unusual marks on her wrists which weren’t there earlier. All this had become the new normal for us. One day we found a pigeon sacrificed at our main gate. My mom called my nanaji and he came here. We had havan and some puja. After that everything was calm for some days but my dad still tried to file a transfer request. My mother was devastated by the happenings. She started hearing voices again after a few days after the transfer request. A week later my dad got transferred from that place but I still get chills when I think about those things
- Well I live in rajasthan where forts and palaces are common all around the state. My house is located next to a small palace or I should say we share a common wall with it. It all began when I was in my 6th standard when one night i had to stay up late cause I had to study for my exam next day. My parents slept in another room and I had a separate room for my self after my paternal grandmother had passed away and that room was given to me. At about 3 am I suddenly heard footsteps of a woman I could feel it were of a woman because she was wearing anklets. I could hear her strolling in the palace. My heart skipped a blt,l didnt want to scare my parents so i went to sleep with the lights on. I woke up next morning.gave my exam and forgot all about it. Next night again I could hear the same “cham cham” sound at exactly 3 am. I chanted all the spiritual and holy duas and prayers i could and went to sleep. Next morning I confronted my mom regarding this scenario that happened two nights straight to which she told me that she too sometime hear this sound at night when she is awake but never mentioned it to anyone because she never wanted people to think that our house might be haunted. Well its been 10 years since that incident and I still hear those footsteps sometimes at night but only after 3 am!
Okay we are totally scared but we just can’t stop reading these. Come back next week to read more of these khatarnaak stories !
Share your stories with us at theindianidiot.com/answers .