Opening day collections are really important for Hollywood movies in India because it shows how hyped people are for a particular movie. Word of mouth helps mostly with Bollywood movies, but not Hollywood flicks because their audience is limited. After a few weeks those movies are available only in selected theaters, so collections drop significantly regardless of the word-of-mouth.
After such a massive opening day collection for Avengers Infinity War by Indian audience, it’s been proved that Indians will turn up in cinema if the movie is worth it, regardless if it’s Bollywood or Hollywood. The best part about it is that it will encourage big production houses to target Indian audience more to increase international collection.
Let’s have a look at other top 17 highest opening day collection of Hollywood movies in India.
1. Avengers – Infinity War: 31 crore aprox
2. The Fate of The Furious: 14 crore
3. Furious 7: 12 crore
4. Captain America Civil War: 12 crore
5. Avatar: 11 crore
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron: 11 crore
7. The Jungle Book: 10 crore
8. Spiderman – Homecoming: 10 crore
9. Thor Ragnarok: 10 crore
10. Mission Impossible – Rogue Nation: 10 crore
11. Mission Impossible – Fallout: 9.5 crore
11. Jurassic World: 9.25 crore
12. Batman v Superman: 8 crore
13. The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 7.5 crore
14. Antman and the Wasp: 7.25 crore
15. Spiderman 3: 7 crore
16. The Amazing Spiderman: 7 crore
17. Black Panther: 6 crore
18. Justice League: 5.5 crore
19. Conjuring 2: 5.25 crore
The list keeps changing with new Hollywood releases. We try to update it as often as possible.