An event marked on Facebook for 9th September invites people for “Banging Thaalis & Shouting “Grow GDP, Grow” From Our Balconies.”
All this emerged from the idea of a girl named Swati who tweeted- That she’s been having an idea of spending 9 minutes at 9 pm on 9th September on the terrace, along with a thali and shouting “grow GDP, grow.” Eventually, due to the sensationalisation of this very event there was an even hosted on Facebook.
Thinking of spending 9 minutes at 9 pm on 9th September on the terrace with a thali, screaming "grow GDP, grow."
— Swati (@swatiatrest) September 1, 2020
Why “Grow GDP Grow” ?
- GDP (growth of gross domestic product) measures the goods and services produced in an economy every year is essential to a country’s stability and prosperity.
- With this pandemic shaking the world, India’s GDP in the first quarter has declined by a whopping 23.9 per cent.
- It’s basic that it should grow for the economy being equilibrium with respect to people’s demands and needs; generation to generation the GDP should show development of the citizens and the nation.
Why banging thaalis ?
It is mainly done with the intent to speed up the economy of our country. This famous thaali banging, lighting the diyas and clapping from our balconies practice was initiated by PM Modi during initital days of the lock-down in nation to show appreciation to the doctors, nurses and all the front line warriors who worked tirelessly to fight COVID.
Details as mentioned on Facebook
- At 9 pm on the ninth day of the ninth month, we will bajao thaalis and scream “Grow GDP, grow” from our balconies.
- Maintain social distancing and keep your cameras handy for some instant PR work with a peacock or something.
Don’t know how all of this will unfold but this event hosted by “Pictures Of Taimur Ali Khan To Distract You From Real Issues more than 5K people who have decided they will be ‘going’ and 22K are ‘interested’ in it.