Being a short person in India has its ups and downs… but you can’t really reach the ups, so mostly downs.
From being called Chhotu in school to shopping in kids’ section as a full-grown adult, it’s not easy being a short person in India. Especially when your friends make a point to remind you how tiny you are, in case you’d forgotten or something. People always look down at you… literally. It’s even harder when those unimaginative 6-feet fools ask the same questions, like, “Aae jab paida hua tha toh capsule tha kya?” “Aae teri puri family chhoti hai kya?” “Aaae mummy ne bacchpan mei complan nahi pilaya kya?” “Aae….”
Here are some of those struggles every short person in India will truly understand and relate to:
1. Every time you meet your relatives after a long time
2. Never heard that before.
— Short Girl Problems (@SHORTGlRLS) July 15, 2016
3. Whenever you go out to watch an adult movie with your friends, only you are asked to show the ID
4. This is how you take a selfie with your tall friend
5. When your friends call you Chhotu, Minion, Bacche, Hobbit, Shorty, Dhai Inch, Hutch ka chhota recharge, Elf, and so on..
6. Relate is too strong with this one.
Short guys hate it when relatives at the reception for a family photo say “tum chote ho , neeche baith jao”.#GrowingUpShort
— Ajay Savla (@Ajaysavla23) November 30, 2016
7. Forever their armrest.
#growingupshort when people put their arm on top of you’re head 🙄
— Silly K (@kassieedre) October 13, 2016
8. Shopping is fun
9. Perks of being short
— luke (@_Lowkey_Luke_) January 28, 2016
10. When your legs are forever dangling because 🙂
11. Mockery doesn’t stop
— brittxoxo♡ (@Shumannn1922) July 21, 2016
12. Not being able to touch the bottom of the swimming pool past 5 ft mark so you just
13. The struggle is too real
#growingupshort When I get mad no one can take me seriously bc I just look like a five year old throwing a tantrum
— Judy J (@judeejay98) August 19, 2016
14. When you finally grow a beard, people make fun of you by saying “Arrey wah! you have finally hit puberty”
15. Concerts are a real nightmare.
— martian (@killjoy_unicat) September 4, 2016
16. It’s always awkward when tall girls hug you (not really awkward. Love it)
— macenzie (@mac_hastings) July 19, 2016
18. Our counter against tall people.
Log height ke baare mein aise brag karte hai jaise khud ko har din paani deke lambe hue hai.
— Saara (@SaaraZamana) July 5, 2016
19. Where did we go wrong?
why is everyone in the world so fucking tall? i mean, bitch i drank my milk right alright. this wasn’t supposed to happen to me.
— pirate zay (@deityful) October 29, 2016