A brief history of Neil deGrasse Tyson keeping the internet funny, smart and educational.
Happy birthday to one of the most famous astrophysicists of our time, Neil deGrasse Tyson, also known as “the coolest scientist”, who turns 58 years old today.
And for all the right reasons, really. He’s incredibly nice, smart and just as much funny. He’s using his fame to spread the word of science in the coolest ways possible; TV shows and Twitter, and attracting the young generation to keep their curiosity alive. He also hosted an educational TV show called Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey. Science student or not, I can vouch for it to be one the best TV shows you will ever watch. I truly believe that our generation needed a science celebrity like him. Carl Sagan must be so proud.
In his free time, Neil uses Twitter to either remind us how infinitely small we are in universal scheme of things or to randomly drop in mind-blowing thoughts. He also sometimes takes time out to ruin movies and TV shows for us by pointing out the incorrect science used (read: The Martian, Star Wars, Gravity and list goes on. Thanks, Neil.)
Here are 20 of the wittiest and funniest tweets by Neil deGrasse Tyson:
1. 5-billion years? I’m ready already, bring it on, bruh.
2. Haha, my brain hurts.
3. Mind = Blown
4. THIS. TWEET. IS. EVERYTHING.
5. Wow, that’s… creepy.
7. Neil being funny af
8. If only they taught algebra like this in school
9. You listening, Michael Bay?
10. I’d like what he’s smoking.
11. We’re all Terrable.
13. Ah, that’s right.
14. How does he make so much sense?
15. The truth is here
17. Isn’t the Cosmos full of beautiful mysteries.
18. We could always use Ross’s way to flip the bird.
19. We will die. Earth won’t.
20. Thanks for reminding us how small we are on cosmic scale.
Science is the new cool
Read More: If you’re going through exams and don’t relate to these memes instantly, are you even a college student?
Read More: Check of this hilarious parody that shows how different Narcos would be if Pablo Escobar was Indian.