The world woke up to an extremely heartbreaking news of Sridevi Kapoor’s untimely death late night. She passed away at the age of 54 due to cardiac arrest while she was in Dubai with her family to attend a wedding.
Sridevi’s ‘English Vinglish’ is one of my favorite Bollywood movies of all time. And now that Sridevi has passed, this movie has come closer to my heart than it already was. To honor Sridevi’s memory, here are the best quotes and scenes from this movie that prove bollywood has lost one gem of an actor.
1. When Shashi was sarcastic af.
2. When Shashi went out alone for the first time in the US and tried to order food.
3. And had a legit anxiety attack there.
4. But a random act of kindness helped.
5. When this random dude shut him down.
6. When Shashi finally found self-worth.
7. And started asking the real questions.
8. When she finally learned the difference between “May I” and “Can I”
10. When she unknowingly ordered the food correctly.
11. When Shashi dropped her pearls of wisdom. It’s 2018, y’all better understand this.
12. When Shashi ran away because he genuinely complimented her.
13. Shashi dropping her pearls of wisdom (part 2)
14. When Shashi surprised everyone with her English.
15. And threw the shadiest shade of this century.
16. And a lesson about importance of self-worth.
17. That’s what true love is. An extra ladoo.
I’m truly sad that we will never get to see Sridevi in any new movies now. Sigh. Rest in peace, queen of Bollywood. You’ll be dearly missed!